2022 NHL Playoffs, DFS, & Game Picks
In the 61st episode of the Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast, Bruce and Devon discusses the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, DFS, and Game Picks – John’s List & Fantasy Lock Of The Week, Headlines With The Hacks, Playoff Performers & Picks (Round 1 discussion, DFS picks)
Subscribe to our podcast on all major directories; and stay up to date with the latest in fantasy hockey news and fantasy hockey advice. Be sure to visit LeftWingLock.com, the best source for fantasy hockey intelligence; and The Hockey Podcast Network for more great hockey-related content.
- Johnny Gaudreau made John’s list this week
- Brad Marchand and the “Perfection Line” are a “Fantasy Lock”
- Vintage Crosby
- Evander Kane and Evan Bouchard game-changers for Edmonton
- Jake Oettinger has been impressive
- Coaching changes in Philadelphia and New York (Islanders)
- Shersterkin struggling, pulled in consecutive starts
- Cale Makar is NOT human
- Round 1 Stanley Cup Playoff discussion
- DFS Picks
Stay In Touch
Twitter | @FHHacks
Instagram | @FantasyHockeyHacks
Facebook | Facebook.com/FantasyHockeyHacks
FHH Website | FantasyHockeyHacks.com
Fantasy Hockey Questions? Email us at FantasyHockeyHacks@Gmail.com
Left Wing Lock | #1 Source For Fantasy Hockey Intelligence – starting goalies, line combinations, statistics, and much more!
NHLShop.ca | Up To 50% OFF Select Apparel, FREE Shipping On Orders Over $99
Draft Kings | Use Promo Code THPN for current offers and promotions
Amazon.ca | Sign-up for a FREE 30-Day Trial of Amazon Prime; and get 21% OFF a 4K Fire Stick to stream Prime Video!
If you have been listening to our podcast for a while, you’ve undoubtedly heard about “John’s List”; which is basically John’s $h!t list of players past and present. We’ve decided to make this a regular segment on the podcast and will include it in the blog for fun as well. If you have any suggestions for players we should add to the list, let us know!
Johnny Gaudreau – 2 assists, -2, 9 SOG (prior to end of game on Monday, May 9th)
Fantasy Lock Of The Week (May 2 – 9, 2022) | Presented by Left Wing Loc
🔥Brad Marchand, LW | DK Salary: $6700
9 Points, 3 Goals, 1 GWG, 5 PPP, 11 SOG, +1, 75.5% PP Share, 20:22 ATOI in 4 games played. Playoff scoring leader
DFS On DraftKings
C – Sidney Crosby | DK Salary: $7200 | 6 Pts (1 G) makes him 3rd in scoring, playing 24:47 ATOI.
W – Evander Kane | DK Salary: $6400 | 6 Pts, 5 G, 21 Hits (5.25/GM) in 4 GP
D – Cale Makar | DK Salary: $8000 | 7 Pts, 2 G, 16 SOG, tied for 3rd overall in playoff scoring. Scored the GWG in game 2 while sending 23 shot attempts (12 SOG) on net.
G – Jake Oettinger | DK Salary: $7500 | 2-1-0, 1.01 GAA, .969 SV%, in 3 GP
UTIL – David Perron | DK Salary: $5300 | 7 Pts (5 G), 1 GWG, 19 SOG, tied for 3rd overall in playoff scoring.
Headlines With The Hacks (News & Injuries) | May 2 – 9, 2022
The 2021-2022 regular season has wrapped, but if you’re planning to defend your fantasy hockey championship next season be sure to get your draft kit from our partner, Left Wing Lock. Stay tuned for details.
- April’s 3 stars of the month are: Steven Stamkos – 12G, 21A = 33p in 16 games; Mike Smith – 9-0-0 record with a .951 SV%, 1.66GAA w/ 2 SO; Vladimir Tarasenko – 11G, 13A = 24p in 16 games
- Mike Yeo was relieved of his duties as coach of the Flyers. Not much of a surprise here. What is next for the Flyers?
- Mike Smith was channeling his inner Tristan Jarry in game one vs LA, with a terrible passing play up the middle that ended up with the Kings scoring what turned out to be the game winning goal in game 1.
- Casey DeSmith took himself out of game one after suffering an injury. Update: he underwent core muscle surgery and is out for the rest of the playoffs.
- Barry Trotz was relieved of his coaching duties by the New York Islanders. Did not see this one coming.
- Roman Josi, Cale Makar, and Victor Hedman are announced as Norris finalists.
- Charlie McAvoy in COVID-19 protocol, unsure of his status.
- Darcy Kuemper out for the Colorado Avalanche after taking a stick to the eye in game 3. Did not dress for game 4 with swelling around his eye.
- Igor Shesterkin has been pulled in two straight games now.
- 10.02 GAA, .778 SV%, -5.99 GSAA
- Torey Krug missed Sunday’s game, as did Nick Leddy.
Playoff Performers & Picks
For the duration of the 2021-2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Hacks will discuss the top performers for DFS, and our favourite bets each week.
🔥The Perfection Line (BOS)
- Boston reunited the “Perfection Line” in game 3 and it has worked like a charm. The trio of David Pastrnak ($7400; 2 G, 2 A), Patrice Bergeron ($7000; 1 G, 3 A), and Brad Marchand ($6700; 3 G, 5 A) have combined for 16 points through 2 games! 79.31 CF%, 86.21 SF%, 100 GF%, 94.89 xGF%, 80% SCF%, and 100% HDCF (12-0)!!🤯
🔥Kirill Kaprizov (MIN) | DK Salary: $8000 | FPPG: 23.12
- Kirill Kaprizov has been great for the Wild – tied for 3rd in playoff scoring with 5 goals, 1 assist, 20 SOG (5 SOG/GM), and 2 GWG.
🔥The Blues Top Line (STL)
- Ryan O’Reilly ($4500, 17.6 FPPG) and David Perron ($5300, 24.32 FPPG) have been very effective for the Blues through the first 4 games of their series against Minnesota, posting a combined 13 points and 8 goals through 4 games.
🔥Cale Makar (COL) | DK Salary: $8000 | FPPG: 26.85
- The numbers above tell the story, Cale Makar is a freak. Spend up in DFS, draft in the first round of fantasy hockey drafts, keep in keeper leagues. Insane.
🔥Evan Bouchard (EDM) | DK Salary: $4900 | FPPG: 10.97
- Bouchard has impressed for the Oilers, posting 5 assists in 4 playoff games. Same number of points as Victor Hedman. 10 SOG in 4 games played. Sunday he played just 15:23 TOI, but no Oiler was particularly good.
🔥Connor Ingram (NSH) | DK Salary: $7400 | FPPG: 17.6
- Goaltending has not been an issue for the Nashville Predators through the first 2 games of their series with the Colorado Avalanche. Ingram (Saskatoon native) has made 79 saves, posting a 2.12 GAA, .952 SV%, and a 3.38 GSAA. With that kind of goaltending, there is really no need to rush Saros back into action.
🔥Jake Oettinger (DAL) | DK Salary: $7500 | FPPG: 24.53
- Jake Oettinger has been a major reason for why the Dallas Stars carried a 2-1 series lead into Monday’s contest with the Calgary Flames. See stats above.
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified when we go live to get our latest DFS picks, game picks, and updates!
- What has been the most entertaining series thus far?
- How is everyone feeling about their bracket so far?
- Who has been the biggest individual surprise for you to date?
- One thought on each series:
- PIT/NYR (PIT Leads 3-1) – is relying on Shesterkin to continuously bail the Rangers out coming to an end? Penguins have not skipped a beat since losing DeSmith to injury. Louis Domingue has been up to the challenge.
- WSH/FLA (FLA Leads 2-2) – What happened to the Panthers?
- BOS/CAR (Tied 2-2) – The Perfection Line! Since putting the line back together they have owned the Hurricanes who really miss Freddy Anderson at this point.
- TOR/TB (Tied 2-2) – the Leafs LOL!
- CGY/DAL (DAL Leads 2-1) – is Jake Oettinger out dueling Markstrom? Where is the Calgary offense?
- STL/MIN (Tied 2-2) – it is the slugfest we thought it would be
- COL/NSH (COL Leads 3-0) – is it 8 days yet for Nashville?
- EDM/LAK (Tied 2-2) – The Oil are in tough. Can they pull it out? Smith has been playing lights out since his oops! In Game 1.
Ask The Hacks
Have fantasy hockey or DFS questions? Send them in and get entered to win a FREE 1-year subscription to the Left Wing Lock iPhone app!
Shop Now | Amazon.ca
New Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers will receive access to 6 months of Disney+! Users that sign up for an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription, starting at $7.99 per month for Prime members ($9.99 for non-Prime), will have access to Disney+ for 6 months. Renews automatically. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply.
The Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast is a proud partner of Amazon.ca! As an affiliate of Amazon, the Hacks will bring you the latest deals and promotions from the world’s largest online retailer. If you enjoy and appreciate our podcast, blog, or other forms of content, please support us by using our affiliate link (title above, banner below) before making your purchases on Amazon. There are no hidden fees or additional costs to you, just a simple, FREE way to show your support. Thank you!
The Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast – Available On All Podcast Directories
As a member of The Hockey Podcast Network (THPN), the Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast is a proud partner of DraftKings!
Hockey fans, the pursuit for the Stanley Cup is on and DraftKings Sportsbook — an Official Sports Betting Partner of the NHL — has an unbelievable offer for the most exciting playoffs in sports. New customers can bet FIVE DOLLARS on any team to win and get ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS IN FREE BETS no matter what — win or lose!
Looking to turn a small bet into a BIG pay day during playoffs? With DraftKings SAME GAME PARLAYS, you can do just that!Create your own parlay by combining multiple bets like which team will win, how many goals will be scored, and more! It’s your shot at an even BIGGER PAYOUT!
DraftKings is safe, secure, and reliable. Best of all, you can deposit and withdraw your cash whenever you want.
Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app NOW, use promo code THPN, bet FIVE DOLLARS on any NHL team to win, and get ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS IN FREE BETS no matter what! That’s code THPN at DraftKings Sportsbook — An Official Sports Betting Partner of the NHL. Minimum age and eligibility restrictions apply. See show notes for details.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL/IN/MI/NJ/PA/WV/WY), 1-800-NEXT STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO/NH), 888-789-7777/visit http://ccpg.org/chat (CT), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-877-770-STOP (7867) (LA), 877-8-HOPENY/text HOPENY (467369) (NY), visit OPGR.org (OR), call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN), or 1-888-532-3500 (VA).
21+ (18+ WY). Physically present in AZ/CO/CT/IL/IN/IA/LA/MI/ /NJ/NY/ PA/TN/VA/WV/WY only. Min. $5 deposit required. Eligibility restrictions apply. See http://draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.