Fantasy Hockey Week 11 Waiver Wire Picks & Preview
In the 39th episode of the Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast, the FHH team discusses the 11th week in the NHL; which will be tricky to navigate as it’s a shortened week due to Christmas, and COVID has taken its toll on the league. Full news and injury updates, schedule breakdown and waiver wire recommendations. We’ll also discuss the latest victim to make, “John’s List” and our fantasy hockey performer of the week. Subscribe to our podcast on all major directories; and stay up to date with the latest in fantasy hockey news and fantasy hockey advice.
- COVID ran rampant this week, several teams were shut down until at least December 26th
- The NHL shuts down cross-border travel through the Christmas break.
- The Olympics are being discussed, it is expected that a decision will be reached in the next few days
- Dylan Larkin scores his first career hat trick
- Anton Khudobin was placed on waivers by the Dallas Stars
- Alex Tuch set to return to play for the Sabres
- Mark Stone out with injury on Sunday.
- Jared Spurgeon out again, not short term; but no surgery required
- Evgeni Malkin nearing a return, taking contact in practice
Twitter | @FHHacks
Instagram | @FantasyHockeyHacks
Facebook | Facebook.com/FantasyHockeyHacks
Fantasy Hockey Questions? Email us at FantasyHockeyHacks@Gmail.com
Left Wing Lock | The best source for fantasy hockey information – starting goalies, line combinations, statistics, and much more!
NHLShop.ca | Up To 50% OFF Select Apparel, FREE Shipping On Orders Over $99
Draft Kings | Use Promo Code THPN for current offers and promotions
If you have been listening to our podcast for a while, you’ve undoubtedly heard about “John’s List”; which is basically John’s $h!t list of players past and present. We’ve decided to make this a regular segment on the podcast and will include it in the blog for fun as well. If you have any suggestions for players we should add to the list, let us know!
John absent for family reasons, no list this week.
Fantasy Performer Of The Week
🔥Dylan Larkin, C/RW, 76% Rostered (Yahoo)
5 goals (including his first career hat trick), 2 assists, +3, 1 PPG, 9 SOG, 6 Hits, 20:41 TOI in 3 games played!
What better way to wake up than watching this Dylan Larkin hat trick on replay? 🔁@Enterprise | #LGRW pic.twitter.com/59AfQFGYjX
— Detroit Red Wings (@DetroitRedWings) December 19, 2021
Honorable Mentions: Clayton Keller, Vladimir Tarasenko
Hockey News & Injury Updates | Dec. 13 – 19, 2021
Our partner, Left Wing Lock, has a complete up-to-date list available on their website for all players placed on COVID protocol. You can see that list here.
- 6 Calgary Flames players and 1 staff member have entered NHL COVID protocol in a 24-Hour span. Games were postponed through at least Thursday, December 16th.
SCHEDULE UPDATE: @NHLFlames games postponed at least through December 16. https://t.co/F4ArYpFFPh pic.twitter.com/c34OrnpIqM
— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 13, 2021
- Anton Khudobin has been placed on waivers by the Dallas Stars.
Anton Khudobin (DAL)
Florida claimed Jonas Johansson from Colorado
— CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) December 13, 2021
- Jets HC Paul Maurice says that Wheeler will be out weeks.
#NHLJets HC Paul Maurice says it will be weeks and not days for Blake Wheeler. Tests still ongoing.
— Ken Wiebe (@WiebesWorld) December 13, 2021
- Zach Hyman was listed as DTD, but could be out for up to 2 weeks following an injury during Saturday’s contest against Carolina.
- NHL 3 Stars of the Week: Thatcher Demko, Sebastian Aho, and Devon Toews. Demko went 4-0-0 with a 1.20 GAA and .962 SV%.
Thatcher Demko (@Canucks), Sebastian Aho (@Canes) and Devon Toews (@Avalanche) named “Three Stars” for the week ending Dec. 12. #NHLStats: https://t.co/3kQ4QGwtf1 pic.twitter.com/QUhcITm7Hy
— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 13, 2021
- Alexander Barkov was placed back on IR on Monday. Barkov had missed the previous 2 games with a new upper-body injury. A knee injury sustained in early November held Barkov out of the lineup for 8 games before this latest tweak.
- Sebastian Aho, Seth Jarvis, and a staff member have entered COVID protocol.
- Patrik Laine was back on the ice for practice with the Columbus Blue Jackets today.
- Robbi Fabbri signed a 3-year ($4M AAV) contract extension with the Detroit Red Wings.
UPDATE: The Detroit #RedWings today signed center Robby Fabbri to a three-year contract extension with an average annual value of $4 million. pic.twitter.com/s4p9O9XuCr
— Detroit Red Wings (@DetroitRedWings) December 14, 2021
- Brad Marchand and Craig Smith both entered COVID protocol on Tuesday.
- Noah Hanifin, Milan Lucic, and Sean Monahan all entered COVID protocol on Tuesday.
- Mathew Barzal entered COVID protocol on Tuesday.
- Devon Toews entered the COVID protocol on Tuesday as well.
- Ryan McLeod entered COVID protocol.
- Jordan Staal, Andrei Svechnikov, and Ian Cole all entered COVID protocol.
- Anthony Duclair made his return to the Florida Panthers lineup on Tuesday night against the Ottawa Senators.
- Alexander Radulov and Roope Hintz missed Tuesday’s contest due to injury.
- Confirmed, Zach Hyman did not play on Tuesday. Duncan Keith did return though.
- Scott Perunovich listed as DTD with illness (non-covid).
- Ben Bishop addressed the media to discuss his retirement from the NHL.
Ben Bishop says thank you. pic.twitter.com/7QsQjPDIeT
— Matthew DeFranks (@MDeFranks) December 14, 2021
- Anton Khudobin cleared waivers on Tuesday afternoon.
Anton Khudobin (DAL – G): Has cleared waivers. https://t.co/T3LEcnWTFo #nhl #TexasHockey
— Left Wing Lock (@Left_Wing_Lock) December 14, 2021
- The NHL postponed the Hurricanes-Wild game after Carolina had four additional players enter into COVID protocol.
- Moritz Seider recorded his 20th career point (3-17—20) in 29 GP. Third-fewest games by a rookie defenseman to reach the mark with the Red Wings behind Nicklas Lidstrom (22 GP) and Jeff Sharples (26 GP).
Moritz Seider recorded his 20th career point (3-17—20 in 29 GP). He required the third-fewest games by a rookie defenseman to reach the mark with the @DetroitRedWings behind Nicklas Lidstrom (22 GP) and Jeff Sharples (26 GP).#NHLStats: https://t.co/GmoeSVNw6v pic.twitter.com/vbN2MHuiGg
— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 15, 2021
- Everyone has covid! Jakob Markstrom, Johnny Gaudreau, and Rasmuss Andersson notables added from Calgary. Patrice Bergergon for the Bruins. Mikael Granlund for the Predators, Robbi Fabbri for the Red Wings. Evgeny Kuznetsov for the Washington Capitals. 6 Panthers players including Sam Bennett, Radko Gudas, and Carter Verhaeghe.
- Calgary Flames games were postponed until at least December 18th. The majority of the roster is in COVID protocol.
- The Oilers are targeting Shane Wright to fix secondary scoring issues
- Christian Dvorak is out indefinitely with a lower-body injury.
- Josh Anderson is expected to miss 8 weeks as of December 2nd due to an upper-body injury.
Mise à jour: L’absence de Josh Anderson est maintenant estimée à 8 semaines depuis le 2 décembre, date à laquelle il a été blessé au haut du corps.
Medical Update: Josh Anderson’s absence is now expected to be eight weeks as of December 2 when he suffered an upper-body injury. pic.twitter.com/M5bQA1Mxzg
— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) December 15, 2021
- The Washington Capitals have activated Nicklas Backstrom from IR. Anthony Mantha has been moved from IR to LTIR.
- Alex Tuch was spotted in a regular practice jersey on Wednesday. HC Don Granato said he needs more time in practice with full contact though. Close to a return.
Sabres coach Don Granato confirms that Alex Tuch is close to returning, but it won’t be during this road trip. Needs more practices with contact. https://t.co/IShMtiEubN
— Lance Lysowski (@LLysowski) December 15, 2021
- Kevin Labanc will have surgery for a dislocated shoulder, expected to miss significant time.
- The St. Louis Blues traded goalie Jon Gillies to the New Jersey Devils for future considerations. Jordan Binnington removed from COVID protocol.
- Players and teams have been notified of enhanced protocols until at least January 7th.
- Alex Ovechkin scored his 274th PP Goal, tying Dave Andreychuk for most all-time.
- Artemi Panarin left Wednesday’s game and is considered Day-To-Day with a lower-body injury.
Artemi Panarin (NYR – L): Is considered day-to-day with a lower-body injury. https://t.co/UQOi7qTBah #nhl #NYR
— Left Wing Lock (@Left_Wing_Lock) December 16, 2021
- Philip Grubauer left Wednesday’s game after a collision with a Duck’s player.
- Kyle Beach and the Chicago Blackhawks reached a confidential settlement related to the negligence lawsuit filed by Kyle Beach against the team.
- Spencer Knight was sent down to the AHL on Thursday. Over his last 8 GP: 2-4-1, 3.07 GAA, .874 SV%, -8.16 GSAA.
- Jeremy Swayman, along with 2 other players and a Boston Bruins staff member were added to COVID protocol on Thursday.
- Jordan Binnington was on the ice for practice on Thursday.
- Miro Heiskanen did not play on Friday against the St. Louis Blues due to illness.
- The Bell Center was closed to fans on Thursday night after a request from Quebec public health.
Bell Centre will be closed to fans for tonight’s #Habs game.
— Eric Engels (@EricEngels) December 16, 2021
- Aaron Ekblad and Frank Vatrano out with COVID.
- Cale Makar, Darcy Kuemper, J.T. Compher, and Andre Burakovsky out with COVID.
- Drew Doughty entered COVID protocol.
- Don Granato said that Alex Tuch should be ready sometime next week.
- Jared Spurgeon re-injured his lower-body injury, ruled out for Saturday’s contest.
- Kyle Palmieri suffered a lower-body injury against the Bruins on Thursday night.
- Steven Stamkos recorded his 900th career NHL point; and Andrei Vasilevskiy set an NHL record with his 63rd win of the calendar year. Vasilevskiy is 63-21-4 in 2021, including regular season and playoff games.
- The Bruins-Habs game for scheduled for Saturday was postponed due to COVID.
- Surprisingly, Paul Maurice resigned as head coach of the Winnipeg Jets. See the quote below as reported by Elliott Friedman. Emotional Paul Maurice: “This is a good team, I’m a good coach…but sometimes you can only push so far. Sometimes a team needs a new voice. They haven’t quit on me, but need a different voice. It’s the right time for it, and I know that.”
— Winnipeg Jets PR (@WpgJetsPR) December 17, 2021
- The Edmonton Oilers have placed Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in COVID protocol.
- According to Elliott Friedman, the Calgary Flames, Colorado Avalanche, and Florida Panthers have all been shut down until after Christmas (December 27th).
- The NHL reduced Jason Spezza’s suspension from 6 games to 4, eligible to return on Saturday. Spezza and Wayne Simmonds were both later added to COVID protocol.
- After making his debut, Nicklas Backstrom was placed in COVID protocol.
- The NHL and NHLPA announced today the immediate adoption of enhanced COVID-19 measures. These enhanced measures will remain in effect through the Holiday season and the New Year, and will be re-evaluated no later than Jan. 7, 2022
The @NHL and @NHLPA announced today the immediate adoption of enhanced COVID-19 measures.
These enhanced measures will remain in effect through the Holiday season and the New Year, and will be re-evaluated no later than Jan. 7, 2022.
Full text: https://t.co/kcjziKo2nJ pic.twitter.com/ZOebBUm1zL
— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 18, 2021
- The Bruins and Predators have been shut down through the Christmas break. Leafs and Canucks games have been called off this weekend.
- Taylor Hall and Curtis Lazar were added to COVID list on Saturday.
- Evgeni Malkin was at practice in a normal jersey, taking contact.
Evgeni Malkin (PIT – C): Is on the ice for practice in a you-can-hit-me jersey. https://t.co/9DBrsxunlp #nhl #LetsGoPens
— Left Wing Lock (@Left_Wing_Lock) December 18, 2021
- Jesse Puljujarvi, Duncan Keith added to COVID list.
- Dylan Larkin scored his first career hat trick against the New Jersey Devils.
“This one’s definitely for my nana and my grandma.” 😊
🗣 Dylan Larkin, Asst. Coach Doug Houda
🤝 @meijer | #LGRW pic.twitter.com/DEzstaNEKF
— Detroit Red Wings (@DetroitRedWings) December 19, 2021
- Tanner Kero was stretchered off the ice in last night’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks after a hard hit from Brett Connolly. The team later said that he was conscious and responsive. This is the third such incident over the past week.
Chicago’s Brett Connolly has been suspended for four games for Interference on Dallas’ Tanner Kero. https://t.co/6g23ix1zDh
— NHL Player Safety (@NHLPlayerSafety) December 20, 2021
- Blake Wheeler was placed on LTIR by the Winnipeg Jets.
- T.J. Oshie was placed in COVID protocol.
- Brett Connolly had a hearing with the league for his hit on Tanner Kero during Saturday’s game against the Stars. Connolly was later served a 4-game suspension for interference.
- Boone Jenner and Jack Roslovic in COVID protocol.
- Alex Tuch is expected to play his first game of the season on Monday against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Jared Spurgeon’s lower-body injury is not short-term, but will not require surgery.
- Mark Stone did not play on Sunday due to an upper-body injury.
- Phillip Danault was placed in COVID protocol.
- The NHLPA and NHL have agreed to continue the 2021-22 regular-season schedule, with details of that agreement outlined at the link below and in the thread below. Cross border games up to Christmas have been postponed, and will be rescheduled. Decision on Olympic participation will be determined in the coming days.
The @NHLPA and @NHL have agreed to continue the 2021-22 regular-season schedule, with details of that agreement outlined at the link below and in this thread.
Details: https://t.co/lEKv4lZovh pic.twitter.com/Qxf8XBE7ni
— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 19, 2021
- The Detroit Red Wings have been shut down until at least Dec 26th.
Ask The Hacks
- Is Alex Martinez worth rostering once he returns?
- Who is a better pickup off IR – Neal Pionk or Alec Martinez?
- Who do you keep for the rest of the season – Jonathan Quick or Jake Oettinger?
- Would you drop Jack Hughes for Andrei Svechnikov?
- What do I do with Patrick Kane?
- Would you give up Jarry for Marner, 1 for 1 (receive Marner)? In a points only league, and I have Gibson and Kuemper as my other goalies; but personally like having 3 good goalies. Keep up the great work!!
Edge Work | NHL Schedule, Week 11
Need To Know:
- With the Christmas season upon us, Week 11 is a shortened one with no games played on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day. As per usual, Tuesday and Thursday are heavy days, with light days on Monday and Wednesday. Plan your waiver wire acquisitions accordingly. NOTE: Multiple teams have been shut down for the coming week, please see the notes below.
- Monday – 2 Games
- Tuesday – 4 Games
- Wednesday – 0 Games
- Thursday – 6 Games
- Friday (Christmas Eve) – 0 Games
- Saturday (Christmas Day) – 0 Games
- Sunday (Boxing Day) – 0 Games
Teams That DO NOT PLAY: ANA, BOS, CAR, CGY, COL, DET, EDM, FLA, MTL, NSH, NYR, OTT, SJS, STL, TOR, VAN, WPG
Teams With 2 Games: ARI, BUF, CBJ, DAL, PHI, PIT, TB, VGK, WSH
Team Of Interest | Columbus Blue Jackets (Strength of Schedule: -29)
- UPDATE: Columbus no longer plays this week after being shut down with COVID concerns. The Blue Jackets have a home-and-home set with the Buffalo Sabres next week; a club that is currently giving up the 5th most goals-against in the league at 3.43 goals per game. In the only other meeting between these two teams this season, Columbus thrashed Buffalo in a 7-4 victory. Roslovic had 3 Pts (2 G) and Domi had 3 Pts (1 G) – Both are readily available on the waiver wire. Players To Consider: Jack Roslovic (4%), Max Domi (11%), Boone Jenner (35%), Cole Sillinger (2%), Jake Bean (3%).
Team Of Interest | Tampa Bay Lightning (Strength of Schedule: -25)
- The Bolts are 7-2-1 in their last 10, winning their last 2 contests; and they play two games on the road next week where they carry a 9-3-2 record this season. Vegas obviously presents a challenge for Tampa as they sit 2nd in the Pacific, and have also been good in their last 10 (7-3-0). The key matchup for the Lightning is Thursday’s game against the Coyotes. Tampa crushed Arizona earlier this season in a 5-1 win on October 28th. Alex Killorn had 3 points (2 G) in that game, and Cirelli had one assist. Players To Consider: Mathieau Joseph (1%), Alex Kilorn (61%), Anthony Cirelli (42%), Corey Perry (7%).
Team Of Interest | Washington Capitals (Strength of Schedule: -20)
- The Capitals have favourable matchups against the Flyers and Islanders next week; both of which are out of the playoffs after disappointing starts to the season. The Capitals lost a close 2-1 game to the Flyers earlier in the season, and have yet to play the Islanders this year. Washington is 6-2-2 in their last 10 games and sit 2nd in the Metropolitan division. Players To Consider: Lars Eller (11%), Connor Sheary (4%), Dimitry Orlov (64%), Nick Jensen (21%), Vitek Vanecek (48%).
Teams With 1 Game: CHI, LAK, MIN, NJD, NYI, SEA
Team Of Interest | Seattle Kraken (Strength of Schedule: -64)
- Of the teams with just a single game for next week, Seattle has to be the most appealing for fantasy managers, DFS, and sports betting as they take on the lowly Arizona Coyotes. Seattle has the best strength of schedule with this matchup; however, the Yotes did take game 1 of the season series with a 5-4 victory on November 6th. Jordan Eberle and Mark Giordano scored for Seattle in that first game, and both are readily available. Eberle is off to a great start, on-pace for 35 goals and 62 points! Players To Consider: Jordan Eberle (35%), Jared McCann (28%), Jaden Schwartz (24%), Mark Giordano (45%), Phillip Grubauer (62%).
Edge Work | NHL Week 11 Waiver Wire Targets
Waiver wire targets will be focused on players with ownership ~50% or less.
Top Waiver Wire Targets
📈 Clayton Keller (LW/RW), ARI | Rostered: 22% (Yahoo) | GP: 2 (@SEA, Vs.TB) | Line: 1 (w/ Hayton & Schmaltz, PP1)
- 🔥Keller (22%) A Must Add! The 2016 1st rounder has been fantastic this season. Past 30 Days: 16 Pts (6 G), 40 SOG (3.07 SOG/GM), 21:15 TOI in 13 GP! 15 SOG his last 2 GP. 👀
📈 Ivan Barbashev (C/LW/RW), STL | Rostered: 55% (Yahoo) | GP: 0 (PPD) | Line: 2 (w/ Buchnevich & Tarasenko, PP1)
- Barbashev (55%) A Must Add! Playing w/ Buchnevich and Tarasenko at even-strength and on PP1; now has 13 Pts (7 G) in last 11 GP! 23 Points (11 G) in 30 games in total, provides bonus coverage in bangers leagues with 52 hits to date (1.7/GM).
📈 Cam Atkinson (RW), PHI | Rostered: 44% (Yahoo) | GP: 2 (Vs.WSH, @PIT) | Line: 2 (w/ Giroux & Lindblom, PP2)
- Over his last 11 GP, Atkinson has posted 10 Pts (5 G), 33 SOG, and is playing 17:39 a game in the Flyers top 6 and PP1. Shooting percentage (14.3%) and 5v5 SH% (11.4%) are both higher than expected, but his IPP and secondary assist % are both lower than expected – expect more of the same moving forward. Note: next week presents a couple tough matchups against WSH and PIT.
📈 Kasperi Kapanen (LW/RW), PIT | Rostered: 16% (Yahoo) | GP: 2 (Vs.NJD, Vs.PHI) | Line: 1 (w/ Crosby & Rodrigues, PP2)
- With Guentzel on the shelf, Kapanen has been playing with Crosby and Rodrigues at 5v5. In 56 minutes together, that line has scored 3 goals and has 0 against. Kapanen is off to just a 45 point-pace; but the underlying numbers show that he is due for some real positive regression, and given his linemates 5v5, he is someone to keep an eye on.
📈 Max Domi (C/LW), CBJ | Rostered: 10% (Yahoo) | GP: 0 (PPD) | Line: 1 (w/ Roslovic & Voracek, PP2)
- Domi has been a pleasant surprise for the Columbus Blue Jackets this season with 15 points (7 goals) in 18 games played. Currently on-pace for 68 points, which would be his best season since 2018-2019 when he scored 72 points (28 goals) as a member of the Montreal Canadiens. Domi scored 3 points (1 goal) against the Sabres in their only matchup of the season.
📈 Tim Stuetzle (C/LW), OTT | Rostered: 36% (Yahoo) | GP: 0 (PPD) | Line: 2 (w/ Brown & Formenton, PP1)
- The 3rd overall pick from 2020 has started to pick up his game offensively, he’s posted 7 points (4 goals) in his last 7 games played. Over 17 minutes of ice-time per game playing in the top 6 and PP1. Ottawa’s PP is 13th overall (19.8%) and they rank 20th in the league with 2.79 GF/GP.
📈 Nino Niederreiter (LW/RW), CAR | Rostered: 28% (Yahoo) | GP: 0 (PPD) | Line: 1 (w/ Trocheck & Necas, PP2)
- Nino Niederreiter has been playing in the top 6 alongside Vincent Trocheck and Martin Necas; and has 11 points (5 goals) in his last 11 games played! However, there are some red flags to be aware of – shooting percentage is elevated (16.3%), 5v5 SH% is high (11.3%), and secondary assists % is high (71.4%). With the Boston game postponed, Nino plays just 1 game next week against the Senators.
📈 Tanner Jeannot (LW/RW), NSH | Rostered: 23% (Yahoo) | GP: 0 (PPD) | Line: 1 (w/ Forsberg & Sissons, PP1)
- Nashville has been shut down until after the Christmas break. However, Tanner Jeannot has been fantastic playing alongside Filip Forsberg and Colton Sissons. On Friday night against the Blackhawks, that line posted a 59.38 CF%, 75% HDCF, and had offensive zone starts 65% of the time. With a goal against the Blackhawks, Jeannot has 6 points (2 G) in his last 5 games played; and provides added value in hits leagues, as he has 20 hits in his past 5 games. Also, Jeannot has played 65%+ PP Share the past two games – a trend that likely only continues until Duchene returns.
📈 Rasmus Dahlin (D), BUF | Rostered: 60% (Yahoo) | GP: 0 (PPD) | Pair: 1 (w/ Jokiharju, PP1)
- Dahlin Heating Up Offensively. With 6 G on the season already, Dahlin is on-pace for a career-high 16 goals. SH% is high though, and so is Sec. Assist % – expect a cool down. Worth rostering based on deployment and potential alone.
📈 Evan Bouchard (D), EDM | Rostered: 49% (Yahoo) | GP: 0 (PPD) | Pair: 1 (w/ Nurse, PP2)
- Bouchard is on-pace for 51 points, there are no concerns with his underlying numbers, and if the Oilers ever decide to give him PP1 time, look out. Oddly enough, Bouchard had a 61.5 CF% and was +2 5V5, but played just 17:54 TOI. With 3 games on the schedule for next week, Bouchard could be worth a look, if only just for the volume.
📈 Anton Forsberg (G), OTT | Rostered: 12% (Yahoo) | GP: 0 (PPD) | Role: Tandem (44% Net Share)
- If you’re looking for help in goal, you could do much worse than Anton Forsberg, who has taken over the starting role in Ottawa. Over his last 5 starts he has posted a 3-1-1 record with a 1.97 GAA, .937 SV%, and 3.11 GSAA.
📈 Charlie Lindgren (G), STL | Rostered: 26% (Yahoo) | GP: 0 (PPD) | Role: Backup (17% Net Share)
- 🔥Lindgren is making a case for more starts moving forward. What a run he’s been on, 5-0-0, 1.22 GAA, .958 SV%, 5.12 GSAA. In a limited sample size he has been the Blues best goalie. Binnington is out of COVID protocol though, so it will be interesting to see the net share moving forward.
📈 Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (G), BUF | Rostered: 10% (Yahoo) | GP: 2 (Vs.CBJ, @CBJ) | Role: Backup (17% Net Share)
- Is Luukkonen the new Ullmark? I’m not sure where Buffalo is finding these guys, but the 22 year-old Finn has been excellent! Started the last 5 for BUF: 2-2-1, 1.96 GAA, .939 SV%, and a 4.43 GSAA. Note: The Sabres play Columbus twice this coming week, and Columbus took the first matchup of the season series 7-4.
Also: Jonathan Quick (56%). Quick may only play 1 game next week since the team has a back-to-back against Edmonton and Vegas; but Quick has been outstanding this season: 8-5-4, 2 SO, 2.03 GAA, .935 SV%. If he is still available in your league, grab him now!
Shop Now | NHLShop.ca
The Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast is a proud partner of NHLShop.ca! NHLShop.ca is the best source for all your officially licensed NHL apparel and merchandise, follow the links in our show notes, or on our website. Looking for the perfect holiday gift? Save up to 50% on select apparel now; and get FREE shipping on orders over $99. Terms and conditions apply, see store for details.
Full disclosure, Fantasy Hockey Hacks may receive a small commission for your purchase, which helps us to continue providing original content.