Fantasy Hockey Week 23 Waiver Wire Picks & Preview
In the 53rd episode of the Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast, the FHH team discusses week 23 in the NHL – John’s List & Fantasy Lock Of The Week, Headlines With The Hacks, Ask The Hacks, and Edge Work (Schedule Notes, Week 23 Waiver Wire Picks). Subscribe to our podcast on all major directories; and stay up to date with the latest in fantasy hockey news and fantasy hockey advice. Be sure to visit LeftWingLock.com, the best source for fantasy hockey intelligence; and The Hockey Podcast Network for more great hockey-related content.
- Alex Ovechkin passes Jaromir Jagr for 3rd on the all-time goal scoring list
- Roman Josi has taken his game to another level
- David Perron on an offensive tear
- Auston Matthews gets 2 games for cross-check
- Lawson Crouse scores first career hat trick
- Jacob Chychrun is out 2-4 weeks
- Cole Caufield – a tale of two seasons; scores two goals in 8 seconds
- Thomas Chabot done for the season with a broken hand
- Vitek Vanecek owns the net in Washington
- Claude Giroux a Florida Panther
- Mark Giordano traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs
- Petr Mrazek placed on waivers by the Maple Leafs
- John’s List/Fantasy Lock Of The Week (1:23/3:05), Headlines With The Hacks (4:54), Ask The Hacks (30:05), Edge Work – Schedule Notes (43:45), Edge Work – Waiver Wire (49:24)
Stay In Touch
Twitter | @FHHacks
Instagram | @FantasyHockeyHacks
Facebook | Facebook.com/FantasyHockeyHacks
FHH Website | FantasyHockeyHacks.com
Fantasy Hockey Questions? Email us at FantasyHockeyHacks@Gmail.com
Left Wing Lock | The best source for fantasy hockey information – starting goalies, line combinations, statistics, and much more!
NHLShop.ca | Up To 50% OFF Select Apparel, FREE Shipping On Orders Over $99
Draft Kings | Use Promo Code THPN for current offers and promotions
If you have been listening to our podcast for a while, you’ve undoubtedly heard about “John’s List”; which is basically John’s $h!t list of players past and present. We’ve decided to make this a regular segment on the podcast and will include it in the blog for fun as well. If you have any suggestions for players we should add to the list, let us know!
Fantasy Lock Of The Week (March 7 – 13, 2022) | Presented by Left Wing Lock
🔥Roman Josi, D, 99% Rostered (Yahoo)
9 Points, 2 PPP, 13 SOG, +6, 66% PP Share, 24:54 ATOI in 3 games played. The Preds captain recorded 3 straight games with 3 assists. In the game before that, he posted 2 goals and 2 assists. 22 points and 3 goals in his last 9 games played!
Honorable Mentions: Kyle Connor (8 points – 2 goals, 6 assists, 2 PPP, 9 SOG, +4, 72.2% PP share in 3 GP). David Perron (5 points – 4 goals, 1 assist, 2 PPP, 10 SOG, +3, 72.6% PP share in 2 GP).
Headlines With The Hacks (News & Injuries) | Mar 14 – 20, 2022
Our partner, Left Wing Lock, has developed a playoff probabilities tool! See what the odds are that your favourite team will qualify for the post-season! You can see that list here.
Also, for full details on trade deadline news, check out Left Wing Lock’s news page here.
- The NHL’s 3 Stars for the week ending March 13th are Patrick Kane, Jacob Markstrom, and Anders Lee.
Patrick Kane (@NHLBlackhawks), Jacob Markstrom (@NHLFlames), Anders Lee (@NYIslanders) named “Three Stars” for the week ending March 13.#NHLStats: https://t.co/UN4ybDcR6H pic.twitter.com/fMiCgjUJHV
— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) March 14, 2022
- Auston Matthews is suspended 2 games for his cross check on Rasmus Dahlin during the Heritage Classic
Toronto’s Auston Matthews has been suspended for two games for Cross-checking Buffalo’s Rasmus Dahlin. https://t.co/yZaJTAZHjv
— NHL Player Safety (@NHLPlayerSafety) March 14, 2022
- Robin Lehner has been placed on IR by the Golden Knights
- Riley Smith of the Golden Knights has also been placed on IR.
- Report out of Arizona: Jacob Chychrun is out 2-4 weeks with a lower body injury
- Lawson Crouse scores a hat-trick versus the Senators on Monday
How about a short-handed @Enterprise hat trick for Lawson Crouse (@LawCrouse) tonight? 🤯 pic.twitter.com/G8jRVTayLm
— NHL (@NHL) March 15, 2022
- Ducks defenceman Josh Manson has been traded to the Avalanche for defenseman Drew Helleson and a 2023 2nd Round Pick. Ducks retain half of Manson’s salary
- The Colorado Avalanche have traded Tyson Jost to the Minnesota Wild for Nico Sturm
- Eric Kallgren recorded a 35-save shutout over the Dallas Stars in his 1st career start for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Alex Ovechkin scores career goal 767 passing Jaromir Jagr for 3rd place in all time goals scored in the NHL
Third all-time in @NHL goals belongs to Alexander Ovechkin. 7⃣6⃣7⃣ pic.twitter.com/wPgZGUUvYo
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) March 16, 2022
- Boston Bruins winger Nick Foligno played in his 1000th career game. Nick and his father Mike (played 1018 games) are the 2nd father son duo to play over 1000 games each. You might know who the other duo is… Bobby and Bret Hull
- “Goal Caufield” just keeps scoring! Scored 2 goals in 8 seconds vs the Arizona Coyotes.
Cole Caufield in 15 games under Martin St. Louis:
• 10 goals
• 9 assists
• 46 shots on goal
• 2 goals in 8 seconds tonight pic.twitter.com/teUSlWTPw7
— Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett) March 16, 2022
- With his assist on the Leafs first goal last night Mitch Marner became the first player in Leafs history to start his career with 6 seasons of 40+ assists.
- With his goal against the Stars, John Tavares has now had 12 seasons where he has scored 20 or more goals. Only 3 Active players have more Alex Ovechkin (17), Sidney Crosby (14) and Patrick Kane (13)
- Darryl Sutter with the quote of the day, “If you are a wild card team I sure as hell don’t want to play Colorado in the first round, because it’s going to be a waste of eight days.”
- Report out of Ottawa is Matt Murray could be out for the rest of the season with an upper body injury
- A new report out of Arizona is that Jacob Chychrun’s injury is not as bad as originally thought, Could be back skating by the end of the week.
- The Florida Panthers acquired defensemen Ben Chariot from the Montreal Canadiens for Ty Smilanic, a 4th round pick in 2022 and a 1st round pick in 2023. Montreal retains 50% salary on Chariot
Ben Chiarot and Bill Zito on yesterday’s trade and the impact on the team.
📝 » https://t.co/bWsv4ZuL9o pic.twitter.com/ba3DkehbR7
— Florida Panthers (@FlaPanthers) March 17, 2022
- The New York Rangers acquired forward Frank Vatrano from the Florida Panthers for a 2022 4th round pick
- The Calgary Flames acquired forward Calle Jarnkrok from the Seattle Kraken for Florida’s 2022 2nd round pick, 2023 3rd round pick, 2024 7th round pick. SEA retains 50% on Jarnkrok
- Ottawa Senators defenseman Thomas Chabot left tonight’s game with the Columbus Blue Jackets with an upper body injury. UPDATE: Chabot has a broken hand and may miss the rest of the season.
- The San Jose Sharks signed Center Thomas Hertl to an 8 year contract extension with a value of $8.1375 Million AAV
Tomas Hertl extension in SJ expected to be 8 years at around $8M AAV
— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) March 16, 2022
- Claude Giroux skated in his 1000th game as a Philadelphia Flyer, He will not play Friday or Sunday as he awaits a trade.
1000 NHL games alert!
Claude Giroux had a very special moment with his team prior to the milestone night.
(🎥: @NHLFlyers) pic.twitter.com/HPzkpWlL9O
— TSN (@TSN_Sports) March 17, 2022
- Jake Allen returned from injury to guard the crease for the Montreal Canadiens
- TJ Oshie left tonight’s game with a lower body injury
- Chris Kreider scored his 40th goal of the season vs the Islanders
Chris Kreider takes Lafreniere’s cross-ice dish and beats Sorokin with a terrific shot for his 40th goal of the year, tying it up for the Rangers!#NYR pic.twitter.com/a0zjfDMfH9
— Hockey Daily 365 (@HockeyDaily365) March 18, 2022
- The Vegas curse has now struck Jack Eichel. He left tonight’s game in the 2nd period with an upper body injury and did not return.
- Report from Vegas is that Robin Lehner has a broken knee cap and may miss the rest of the season
- After tonight’s win Vitek Vanecek now has 6 wins with a .930 save percentage. If he is still available in your league, go get him now!
- The Chicago Black Hawks trade Brandon Hagel and two 4th round picks to the Tampa Bay Lightning for two 10 top protected 1st round picks and prospects Boris Katchouk and Taylor Raddysh
We have acquired forward Brandon Hagel and Chicago’s fourth-round picks in 2022 and 2024 from the Blackhawks in exchange for forwards Taylor Raddysh and Boris Katchouk and our first-round picks in 2023 and 2024.https://t.co/13TD2xxNaO
— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) March 18, 2022
- Florida Panthers defenseman Aaron Ekblad left tonight’s game after a collision in the corner with a lower body injury. It did not look good.
- Nino Niederreiter of the Carolina Hurricanes is set to have a hearing with the Dept of Player Safety after slashing the Washington Capitals Axel Jonsson-Fjallby
- Philadelphia Flyers have traded Claude Giroux, German Rubtsov, Connor Bunnamon and a 2024 4th round pick to the Florida Panthers for Owen Tippet, 2024 1st round pick and a 2023 3rd round pick.
- The Anaheim Ducks have traded Hampus Lindholm and Kodìe Curran to the Boston Bruins for John Moore, Urho Vaakanainen, 2022 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick and 2024 2nd round pick
**Breaking News** Per sources, @NHLBruins to acquire D Man Hampus Lindholm from @AnaheimDucks . @espn @NHLNetwork #HockeyTwitter pic.twitter.com/i9XVfyZJ8h
— Kevin Weekes (@KevinWeekes) March 19, 2022
- With a goal Saturday night, Filip Forsberg is now the Nashville Predators all time goal scorer with 211 goals
- With 2 goals Saturday night Sidney Crosby now has 87 career multi-goal games in his career.
- Bruce’s Blunder of the season so far was dropping David Perron just before he went on his ridiculous scoring streak. Since the Allstar break he has scored 13 goals and 6 assists in 17 games.
- With a assist tonight Matt’s Zuccarello has set a career best in points with 63
- Also with an assist tonight Kevin Fiala also has set a career best in points with 55
- Robin Lehner denies the report he has a fractured knee cap
- Jack Eichel returned to the lineup for the Golden Knights
- Vladimir Tarasenko missed Saturday’s game due to illness
- Hampus Lindholm has agreed to an 8 year contract extension with an annual value of $6.5 million dollars
- The Vancouver Canucks acquired defenseman Travis Dermott from the Toronto Maple Leafs for a 3rd round pick in the 2022 draft.
- The Ottawa Senators acquired defensemen Travis Hamonic from The Vancouver Canucks for 3rd round pick in the 2022 draft pick (originally belonged to the Golden Knights)
- The Toronto Maple Leafs acquired Mark Giordano and Colin Blackwell from the Seattle Kraken for a 2022 2nd round, 2023 2nd round and a 2024 3rd round pick.
We have trades!!! Mark Giordano is on the move to Toronto 🍁
How much does he bring to the Leafs? The #NHLonTNT desk gives their thoughts ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/jwGHMh4Ouv
— NHLonTNT (@NHL_On_TNT) March 20, 2022
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have placed goalie Petr Mrazek on waivers
- The Florida Panthers have placed Aaron Ekblad on LTIR. He will miss the rest of the regular season.
Aaron Ekblad injury. Was it his knee or a skate cut to the achilles? If the injury is serious, who do the Panthers trade for?#TimeToHunt #floridapanthers #nhltraderumors pic.twitter.com/UcRm9GEl1f
— NHL Trade Rumors (@nhltraderumours) March 19, 2022
Ask The Hacks
- Do you think Kevin Fiala will have a better rest of the season than Teuvo Teravainen? I’m thinking of adding Fiala and dropping Teravainen. The other option would be to drop Pavel Buchnevich.
- Would you rather have Valeri Nichushkin or Tyler Toffoli in a points league?
- What do I do with Dougie Hamilton?
- What is your stance on stacking multiple (2 or 3) players from the same team for playoffs? Listener mentioned 3 St. Louis players specifically. Thanks for the question Chandelle! Keep them coming.
- Is Landeskog droppable at this point? I have Tony DeAngelo on IR currently, but he is expected back soon. Landeskog is currently listed as “Out”, so I can’t move him into IR.
- Dylan Larkin or William Nylander for the rest of the season?
- Would I regret dropping S. Bennett? He’s slowed down a bit, but I’m sure he’d get scooped up. Waiver options include B. Nelson, D. Strome, M. Boldy, N. Hischier, others in that vein. Pts league with G, A, +/-, PPP, SHG, SOG, FW, FL, HIT, BLK. Thanks!
- If shawty did in fact have them apple bottom jeans and the boots with the fur. Was the whole club looking at her? Thanks I’ll hang up and listen.
Edge Work | NHL Schedule, Week 23
Need To Know:
Week 23 in the NHL is a busy one, with 54 total games on the schedule. As per usual, the busiest days this upcoming week will be Tuesday (11 games), Thursday (10 games), and Saturday (12 games). Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are particularly “light days” (50% or less of NHL clubs are in action), with just 4, 4, and 5 games respectively. Sunday is rather busy with 8 games on the slate. The Colorado Avalanche have a near perfect schedule next week with 4 games, all taking place on “light days”, and a favourable strength of schedule (-8). Pittsburgh is another team that fantasy managers should take a look at for the upcoming week; the Pens play 4 games, 3 on light days, and also have relatively easy matchups (CBJ, BUF, NYR, DET). Finally, Winnipeg is the other team to really consider for next week as 2 of their 4 games take place on “light days”, and they match-up well on paper against their opponents (VGK, OTT, CBJ, ARI).
- Monday – 4 Games
- Tuesday – 11 Games
- Wednesday – 4 Games
- Thursday – 10 Games
- Friday – 5 Games
- Saturday – 12 Games
- Sunday – 8 Games
Teams With 4 Games:
Team Of Interest | Colorado Avalanche (Strength of Schedule: -7)
- As mentioned earlier, the Colorado Avalanche essentially have the perfect schedule for next week with 4 games, all taking place on
“Light days”. Colorado has a favorable schedule next week as they face-off against Edmonton (5-4-1 last 10 GP), Vancouver (7-2-1 last 10 GP), Philadelphia (3-5-2 last 10 GP), and Minnesota (3-6-1 last 10 GP). The Avalanche are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games, and despite losing their captain, have continued to roll recently. Over the last month, the Avs are 18th in GF/GP (3.21), 8th on the power play (25%), and 12th on the penalty kill (81.1%). The team is 12th in terms of possession with a shot attempt percentage (SAT%) of 51.3%. Record This Season Against Upcoming Opponents: 5-0-0 | Players To Consider: Valeri Nichushkin (21%), Andre Burakovsky (63%), Alex Newhook (3%), J.T. Compher (3%), Pavel Franouz (38%).
Teams With 3 Games:
Team Of Interest | Florida Panthers (Strength of Schedule: -18)
- The Florida Panthers have a strong schedule for next week, and also offer several fantasy-relevant players that are still widely available. Florida plays just 1 game on a light/off day, but does face some weaker competition with matchups against Montreal (6-3-1 last 10 GP), Ottawa (3-7-1 last 10 GP), and Toronto (6-3-1 last 10 GP). The Maple Leafs should present a challenge for Florida next week, but Toronto’s goaltending issues are well-documented. Despite a winning record of 6-3-1 over their last 10 games, the Leafs have given up an average of 4 goals-against per game during that span. Conversely, over the past month Florida is 4th in the league in terms of points percentage (.731), 3rd in goals-for per game (4.15 GF/GP), 4th on the power play (31.1%), and 7th on the penalty kill (84.4%)! Record This Season Against Upcoming Opponents: 2-1-0 | Players To Consider: Anton Lundell (24%), Mason Marchment (28%), Carter Verhaeghe (58%), Anthony Duclair (65%), Brandon Montour (12%), Spencer Knight (40%)
Teams With 2 Games:
Team Of Interest | Seattle Kraken (Strength of Schedule: -15)
- The Seattle Kraken should probably be avoided for next week, as they have just 2 matchups on the schedule; although, against what should be relatively easy competition in Arizona (7-3-0 last 10 GP) and Los Angeles (5-4-1 last 10 GP). Seattle is just 2-6-2 in their last 10 games played, and over the last month the special teams have struggled at just 12% for the power play (31st) and 75% for the penalty kill (25th). Despite poor special teams, the Kraken have had strong possession numbers with a shot attempts percentage (SAT%) of 50.6% – good enough for 15th in the league. Record This Season Against Upcoming Opponents: 0-3-0 | Players To Consider: Jared McCann (21%), Jaden Schwartz (14%), Jordan Eberle (19%), Vince Dunn (24%).
Edge Work | NHL Week 23 Waiver Wire Targets
Waiver wire targets will be focused on players with ownership ~50% or less. SOS = Strength of Schedule, according to Left Wing Lock. Lower number = Easier Schedule, Higher Number = Harder Schedule.
Top Waiver Wire Targets
📈 Cole Caufield (LW), MTL | Rostered: 62% (Yahoo) | GP: 4 (Vs.BOS, Vs.FLA, Vs.TOR, @NJD, +9 SOS) | Line: (w/ Suzuki & Anderson/Armia, PP1)
- This is your final warning to pick up Montreal rookie Cole Caufield. Since January 1st, Caufield has produced at a rate of 3.5 points/60, better than Mikko Rantanen, Patrik Laine, Joe Pavelski, Blake Wheeler, Steven Stamkos, and Connor McDavid. 13 points (6 goals) in his last 10 games played. In 46 games this season, the 21-year old is seeing more TOI (16:04) and more PPTOI (2:57, 52% PP share). No concerns when reviewing the underlying numbers.
📈 Valeri Nichushkin (LW), COL | Rostered: 29% (Yahoo) | GP: 4 (Vs.EDM, Vs.VAN, Vs.PHI, @MIN, -7 SOS) | Line: (w/ MacKinnon & Rantanen, PP2)
- With the news of Avs Captain Gabriel Landeskog undergoing knee surgery (will miss approximately 4 weeks), Nichushkin’s fantasy value gets an immediate bump as he moves to the top line with MacKinnon and Rantanen, as well as time on the top power play unit. Nichushkin posted a goal and an assist on Tuesday night against the LA Kings. Through 44 games played this season, the former Dallas Star is playing at a 65 point, 32 goal pace! Also: Andre Burakovsky (64%)
📈 Lawson Crouse (LW), ARI | Rostered: 25% (Yahoo) | GP: 3 (Vs.SEA, @CGY, @WPG, -8 SOS) | Line: (w/ Galchenyuk & Kessel, PP1)
- The 11th overall pick from 2015, Crouse is having a bit of a breakout season as he’s on-pace for a career-best 44 points and 26 goals! The big Canadian is shooting at the highest rate of his career (2.1 SOG/GM), and should finish the season with 170 SOG, 236 Hits (2.88/GM), and 70 PIMS. Like the Coyotes, Crouse has been hot lately, posting 8 points (5 goals) in his last 6 games played.
📈 Kailer Yamamoto (RW), EDM | Rostered: 10% (Yahoo) | GP: 4 (@COL, @DAL, Vs.SJS, @CGY, +5 SOS) | Line: (w/ McDavid & Kane, PP1)
- Kailer Yamamoto has quietly put together a 4-game point streak, and has 8 points (5 goals) in his last 8 games played. With Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Jesse Puljujarvi out with injury, Yamamoto finds himself on the top line with McDavid and Kane; while also seeing plenty of time on the top power play unit. Yamo has also been shooting more of late, taking 2.1 SOG/GM versus his season average of 1.4 SOG/GM. The Oilers are fighting for a playoff spot, and play 4 games for the upcoming week (1 game on a light day).
📈 Kyle Palmieri (RW), NYI | Rostered: 10% (Yahoo) | GP: 4 (Vs.OTT, Vs.DET, @BOS, Vs.TB, -2 SOS) | Line: 2 (w/ Bailey & Pageau, PP2)
- Like the Islanders, Kyle Palmieri is rolling again, scoring 10 points (6 goals) in his last 10 games. Unfortunately, Palmieri’s TOI and PPTOI are down this year; and despite his iSH% (10.8%) to date being below his 3-year average (12.4%), the former Devil’s iSH% over the past 10 games is 24%. Could be a nice short-term stream as the Islanders play 4 times next week.
📈 Anthony Mantha (RW), WSH | Rostered: 37% (Yahoo) | GP: 3 (Vs.STL, @BUf, Vs.NJD, -16 SOS) | Line: (w/ Backstrom & Oshie, PP2)
- It was expected that the former Red Wing would require a few games to get back up to game-speed; but Mantha appears to have shaken the rust off, posting 5 points (4 goals) in his last 5 games played. On-pace for 53 points through 17 games to date, but his TOI has been reduced fairly significantly so far this season (14:39 TOI this year, 18:07 last year). Note: Mantha’s iSH% (16.7%) is inflated relative to his 3-year average of 11.9%; and his tEVSH% (13.1%) is not sustainable.
📈 Ondrej Kase, DTD (RW), TOR | Rostered: 3% (Yahoo) | GP: 3 (Vs.NJD, @MTL, Vs.FLA, -2 SOS) | Line: 2 (w/ Nylander & Tavares, PP2)
- If Ondrej Kase can stay healthy, he has a chance to set a new career-high (21) in goals, playing with Tavares and Nylander in the Leafs top 6. 6 points (4 goals) in his last 6 games played.
📈 Jack Roslovic (C/RW), CBJ | Rostered: 4% (Yahoo) | GP: 3 (@PIT, @WPG, @MIN +10 SOS) | Line: (w/ Laine & Nyquist, PP1)
- Boone Jenner is week-to-week with a lower-back injury, opening the door for Jack Roslovic the rest of the season. The former Jet is now playing top line center between Patrik Laine and Gustav Nyquist. It’s been a disappointing season for Roslovic, currently on-pace for just 40 points (nearly 60-point pace last season); however, with 2 goals on Wednesday night, he now has 7 points (4 goals) in his last 9 games played. With top line and top power play duties the rest of the season, Roslovic could make for a nice depth add for fantasy managers. 3 games for next week, but against more difficult competition.
📈 Frank Vatrano (RW), NYR | Rostered: 7% (Yahoo) | GP: 3 (@NJD, Vs.PIT, Vs.BUF, -13 SOS) | Line: (w/ Panarin & Strome, PP2)
- On Wednesday, Frank Vatrano was traded to the New York Rangers in exchange for a 4th round draft pick from the Florida Panthers. Vatrano will be a free agent this summer, so you can bet he will be motivated to earn a new contract between now and the end of the season. There is room in the top 6 for Vatrano, and some early speculation has him playing with Artemi Panarin and Ryan Strome. Vatrano scored a career-high 24 goals in 2018-2019, so with more opportunities in New York, we could see a strong performance from Vatrano down the stretch.
Also: Max Domi (6%) – 8 points in his last 9 games, playing at a 50-point pace while seeing just 13:29 TOI. David Pagnotta mentioned that according to his sources, Domi will be traded before the deadline on Monday. Yanni Gourde (16%) – 6-game point streak, 9 points and 5 goals in his last 8 games played. Playing at a 57-point, 24-goal pace. Charlie Coyle (11%) – 11 points (2 goals) in his last 10 games played. 19+ minutes in his last 2 games, and 76% power play share. Bergeron will miss Monday’s game as well, Coyle will be a nice stream option.
📈 Ryan Pulock (D), NYI | Rostered: 25% (Yahoo) | GP: 4 (Vs.OTT, Vs.DET, @BOS, Vs.TB, -2 SOS) | Pair: 1 (w/ Pelech, PP2)
- Between injuries and losing his spot on the top power play unit, it has been a tough season for Ryan Pulock. Currently on-pace for just 31 points, Pulock’s shot volume (1.8 SOG/GM) is down compared to his 3-year average (2.2 SOG/GM), and he is only seeing an average of 1:30 (36% PP share) on the power play. The good news for the Isles Dman is that his individual shooting percentage (iSH%) of 1.8% is well below his 3-year (3.8%) and career (4.7%) averages. Starting to heat up offensively with 8 points (2 goals) in his last 8 games played.
📈 Rasmus Ristolainen (D), PHI | Rostered: 36% (Yahoo) | GP: 4 (@DET, @STL, @COL, @NSH, +11 SOS) | Pair: 1 (w/ Sanheim, PP2)
- Rasmus Ristolainen just signed a new 5-year deal with the Flyers, and at least based on his peripheral categories, he may earn that contract. Over the last month, Ristolainen leads all defencemen in shots + hits + blocks per game at 8.64. If you add in his 12 penalty minutes and 5 assists (in 11 games played), it adds up to some pretty effective category coverage for a guy that’s available in ~65% or leagues. It’s also worth mentioning, the Flyers have been playing the big Fin on the top pairing; he’s averaged 23:15 TOI over his last 10 games. The Flyers play 4 games next week, so expect some nice production out of Risto.
📈 Ben Chiarot (D), FLA | Rostered: 23% (Yahoo) | GP: 4 (@MTL, @OTT, @TOR, -18 SOS) | Pair: 3 (w/ Montour, PP2)
- With Aaron Ekblad’s injury, Ben Chiarot may see a larger share of ice time than initially expected. Chiarot was hot before being traded, having posted 8 points (2 goals) in his previous 8 games played. However, Chiarot’s deployment and linemates have yet to be determined, so keep a close eye on the situation.
📈 Spencer Knight (G), FLA | Rostered: 43% (Yahoo) | GP: 3 (@MTL, @OTT, @TOR -18 SOS) | Role: Backup (40% Net Share)
- On Tuesday night, Spencer Knight started his second straight game for the Florida Panthers! Since March 7th, Knight has started 3 games, posting a 2-0-1 record with a 1.61 GAA, .946 SV%, and 3.27 GSAA. Still expect starts to be limited for the 20-year old, unless we see an injury for Bobrovosky, or a steep decline in play. It is worth noting that the Florida Panthers have the SECOND-MOST back-to-backs on the schedule between March 16th and April 30th with 6. Keep a close eye on the situation.
📈 Erik Kallgren (G), TOR | Rostered: 34% (Yahoo) | GP: 3 (Vs.NJD, @MTL, Vs.FLA, -14 SOS) | Role: Backup (3% Net Share)
- The Toronto Maple Leafs turned back to Kallgren on Thursday against the Carolina Hurricanes, and the Leafs pulled out a 3-2 win. In 3 appearances this season, the young Swede has posted a 2-0-1 record with a 1.20 GAA, .964 SV%, and 4.39 GSAA. It’s a very limited sample size, but the Leafs will gladly take it, given the recent struggles of Jack Campbell and Petr Mrazek.
Shop Now | NHLShop.ca
The Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast is a proud partner of NHLShop.ca! NHLShop.ca is the best source for all your officially licensed NHL apparel and merchandise, follow the links in our show notes, or on our website. Looking for the perfect holiday gift? Save up to 50% on select apparel now; and get FREE shipping on orders over $99. Terms and conditions apply, see store for details.
Full disclosure, Fantasy Hockey Hacks may receive a small commission for your purchase, which helps us to continue providing original content.
The Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast – Available On All Podcast Directories
As a member of The Hockey Podcast Network (THPN), the Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast is a proud partner of DraftKings!
INTRO: The NHL season has been packed with dirty dangles, hat tricks, and big wins. As the action rolls on, DraftKings Sportsbook—an Official Sports Betting Partner of the NHL— has your shot to win big too. New customers can bet JUST ONE DOLLAR on any team and get ONE HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS IN FREE BETS if they win. That’s right. A bump in the win column for your team means free bets for you. If Sportsbook isn’t available in your state yet, you still have a shot to light the lamp. Everyone can play for HUGE CASH PRIZES with DraftKings Daily Fantasy hockey contests. DraftKings is giving all new customers a FREE shot at MILLIONS OF DOLLARS in total prizes with their first deposit!
CALL TO ACTION: Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now, use promo code THPN, bet JUST ONE DOLLAR on any NHL team and get ONE HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS IN FREE BETS if they win. That’s promo code THPN at DraftKings Sportsbook — an Official Sports Betting Partner of the NHL. 21+, Restrictions Apply. See show notes for details.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL/IN/MI/NJ/PA/WV/WY), 1-800-NEXT STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO/NH), 888-789-7777/visit http://ccpg.org/chat (CT), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-877-770-STOP (7867) (LA), 877-8-HOPENY/text HOPENY (467369) (NY), visit OPGR.org (OR), call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN), or 1-888-532-3500 (VA).
21+ (18+ NH/WY). Physically present in AZ/CO/CT/IL/IN/IA/LA/MI/NH/NJ/NY/OR/ PA/TN/VA/WV/WY only. Min. $5 deposit required. Eligibility restrictions apply. See http://draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.