Stanley Cup Playoffs – Conference Finals Set, Headlines & DFS
In the 64th episode of the Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast, Bruce, Devon and John recap the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, discuss headlines from the past week, DFS and much more – John’s List & Fantasy Lock Of The Week, Headlines & Hot Streaks With The Hacks.
Subscribe to our podcast on all major directories; and stay up to date with the latest in fantasy hockey news and fantasy hockey advice. Be sure to visit LeftWingLock.com, the best source for fantasy hockey intelligence; and The Hockey Podcast Network for more great hockey-related content.
- Tom Wilson out 6-8 months
- Thornton and Giroux unsure of futures
- Brad Marchand had hip surgery, will need approximately 6 months to recover
- Jason Spezza announces retirement
- Players to watch in DraftKings
- Conference Finals are set – who will make the Stanley Cup Final? Series Odds.
Stay In Touch
Left Wing Lock | #1 Source For Fantasy Hockey Intelligence – starting goalies, line combinations, statistics, and much more!
NHLShop.ca | Up To 50% OFF Select Apparel, FREE Shipping On Orders Over $99
Draft Kings | Use Promo Code THPN for current offers and promotions
Amazon.ca | Sign-up for a FREE 30-Day Trial of Amazon Prime; and get 21% OFF a 4K Fire Stick to stream Prime Video!
If you have been listening to our podcast for a while, you’ve undoubtedly heard about “John’s List”; which is basically John’s $h!t list of players past and present. We’ve decided to make this a regular segment on the podcast and will include it in the blog for fun as well. If you have any suggestions for players we should add to the list, let us know!
Fantasy Lock Of The Week (May 23 – 30, 2022) | Presented by Left Wing Lock
🔥Leon Draisaitl, C | DK Salary: $7700 | FPPG: 25.6 (Vs. CGY)
- 7 points in 2 games this past week, primary assist on the series-winning overtime goal by Connor McDavid.
- 17 points (14 Even-Strength), 2 goals (both at even-strength), 22:39 TOI in 5 games versus Calgary.
HONORABLE MENTION: Zach Hyman | DK Salary: $4900 | FPPG: 24.9 (Vs. CGY)
- 8 Points, 6 goals in 5 games during the Battle of Alberta. 5 even-strength points, 2 PPG, 25 SOG (5 SOG/GM), 21:57 TOI.
Headlines & Hot Streaks With The Hacks | May 23-30, 2022
The 2021-2022 regular season has wrapped, but if you’re planning to defend your fantasy hockey championship next season be sure to get your draft kit from our partner, Left Wing Lock. Stay tuned for details.
In this segment, the Hacks will discuss the latest during the Stanley Cup Playoffs, headlines from each series, which players are performing, and which plays we like in DFS.
News This Week
- Tom Wilson of the Washington Capitals has surgery on Tuesday to reconstruct his ACL ligament in his left knee. Recovery time is estimated as 6-8 months.
- Joe Thorton is unsure if he will return for what would be his 25th season in the NHL
- Claude Giroux says he will take some time before figuring out where he will be going next season.
- Bill Zito was non committal on whether Andrew Brunette would return as the head coach of the Florida Panthers.
- Brad Marchand underwent successful hip arthroscopy on Friday and will be out 6 months
- Oliver Ekman-Larsson suffered a foot fracture during the IIHF World Championship. The timeline for his recovery is 4-6 weeks
- Jason Spezza has retired after 19 seasons in the NHL. 995 points (363 goals, 632 assists) in 1048 games. He joins the Leafs front office as special assistant to Kyle Dubas.
- I wonder if Spezza’s first job is to figure out how the Leafs can win a playoff series. Lol!
- Mats Zuccarello and Jared Spurgeaon had successful core muscle surgery recovery time is 6 weeks. Zuccarello also had a fractured leg. No surgery is required for the fracture. Both will be ready for training camp
- FHH Bracket Challenge Update:
- Bruce – 3 of 4 final teams correctly guessed – 3rd
- Devon – 3 of 4 final teams correctly guessed – 2nd
NYR vs. CAR (NYR Win 4-3) (20:08)
- Tale of Two Teams – Carolina’s Home Dominance & Road Woes
- Home – 7-0-0, 25 GF, +17 Goal Differential, 19.2% PP, 89.5% PK
- Road – 0-6-0, 10 GF, -16 Goal Differential, 4.2% PP, 67.9% PK
- Svechnikov (1 G) and DeAngelo (1 A) have both been major offensive disappointments in this series.
- Kaapo Kakko (0 Pts) and Chris Kreider (1 G, 1 A) have been disappointing for the Rangers.
- Game 7 – Apparently Chris Kreider heard our comments from earlier today Bruce! 2 G, 3 SOG in just 14:33 TOI.
- The entire top 6 showed up for the Rangers tonight – Copp (1 G, 1 A), Zibanejad (3 A), Panarin (1 A), Lafrieniere (1 A), Fox (1 G, 1 A), Strome (1 G).
- Shesterkin – 2.10 GAA, .947 SV%, 1.71 GSAx.
- Broke the trend of dominance for the Hurricanes at home.
- Antti Raanta ($10600, 12.18 FPPG Vs. NYR) – 3-3-0, 2.04 GAA, .921 SV%, 2.5 GSAx
- Sebastian Aho ($9000, 11.4 FPPG Vs. NYR) – 5 Pts (2 G) in 6 GP
- Teuvo Teravainen ($7400, 9.23 FPPG Vs. NYR) – 4 Pts (2 G) in 6 GP
- Igor Shesterkin ($10800, 21.75 FPPG Vs. CAR) – 3-3-0, 1.68 GAA, .949 SV%, 10.57 GSAx!
- Mika Zibanejad ($10000, 10.85 FPPG Vs. CAR) – 5 Pts (4 G) in 6 GP
- Adam Fox ($9600, 13.3 FPPG Vs. CAR) – 6 Pts (1 G) in 6 GP
STL vs. COL (COL Wins 4-2) (26:22)
- Game 4 – The Blues came unglued and the Avs have them on the brink of elimiantion.
- Game 5 – The Nathan McKinnon show (3G, 1A) was not enough to hold off the Blues and Tarasenko and Thomas finally show up and power the Blues to a game 5 win.
- How good was Nathan MacKinnon’s goal? WOW!
- Game 6 – Darren Helm scored the series-winner with just 6 left in the 3rd period of game 6.
- This series took a turn for the worse with the Jordan Binnington injury.
- Binnington Vs. STL – 1-1 record, 1.78 GAA, .955 SV%, 5.61 GSAx
- Husso Vs. STL – 1-3 record, 4.17 GAA, .879 SV%, -4.22 GSAx
- Bowen Byram ($4400, 9.31 FPPG Vs. STL) – 5 Pts in 3 GP
- Nathan MacKinnon ($11400, 16.95 FPPG Vs. STL) – 4 Pts (3 G) in 3 GP
- Nazem Kadri ($8600, 15.63 FPPG Vs. STL) – 4 Pts (3 G) in 3 GP
- Pavel Buchnevich ($6400, 10.18 FPPG Vs. COL) – 4 Pts (1 G) in 3 GP
EDM vs. CGY (EDM Wins 4-1) (31:10)
- Game 4 – Lol Mike Smith. The Oilers held on after Smith gave up an ugly game time goal from 132’ away (John will like that) Nuge had the opening and game winning goal that powered the Oilers to a 5-3 win. Pushing the Flames to the brink of elimination. Kane now has the most goals scored in the playoffs with 12 and Connor keeps putting up multi point games.
- Game 5 – Another wild game in the Battle of Alberta saw the Oilers move on to the Western Conference Final.
- 4 goals in 1:11 during the 2nd period.
- Controversial Blake Coleman goal – kicked in or not?
- Game-winner by McDavid, brilliant play along the wall from Draisaitl. What was Gaudreau doing on that play?
- Connor McDavid ($9800, 23.06 FPPG Vs. CGY) – 3 Pts (1 G) in 2 GP
- Leon Draisaitl ($7700, 25.6 FPPG Vs. CGY) – 7 Pts in 2 GP
- Zach Hyman ($4900, 24.9 FPPG Vs. CGY) – 4 Pts (2 G) in 2 GP
- Evander Kane ($6500, 17.52 FPPG Vs. CGY) – 2 G in 2 GP
- After the Battle of Alberta, we found out some of the injuries the Flames were playing with. Chris Tanev (dislocated shoulder 4-6 months), Nikita Zadorov (2 broken ribs), Milan Lucic (AC joint sprain), Matthew Tkachuk (bruised hand), Andrew Mangaipane (Wrist), Oliver Kylington (Shoulder)
Conference Finals (42:15)
EDM vs. COL:
- MacKinnon Vs. McDavid
TB vs. NYR:
- Vasilevskiy vs Shesterkin
Shop Now | Amazon.ca
New Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers will receive access to 6 months of Disney+! Users that sign up for an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription, starting at $7.99 per month for Prime members ($9.99 for non-Prime), will have access to Disney+ for 6 months. Renews automatically. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply.
The Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast is a proud partner of Amazon.ca! As an affiliate of Amazon, the Hacks will bring you the latest deals and promotions from the world’s largest online retailer. If you enjoy and appreciate our podcast, blog, or other forms of content, please support us by using our affiliate link (title above, banner below) before making your purchases on Amazon. There are no hidden fees or additional costs to you, just a simple, FREE way to show your support. Thank you!
The Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast – Available On All Podcast Directories
As a member of The Hockey Podcast Network (THPN), the Fantasy Hockey Hacks Podcast is a proud partner of DraftKings!
Hockey fans, the pursuit for the Stanley Cup is on and DraftKings Sportsbook — an Official Sports Betting Partner of the NHL — has an unbelievable offer for the most exciting playoffs in sports. New customers can bet FIVE DOLLARS on any team to win and get ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS IN FREE BETS no matter what — win or lose!
Looking to turn a small bet into a BIG pay day during playoffs? With DraftKings SAME GAME PARLAYS, you can do just that!Create your own parlay by combining multiple bets like which team will win, how many goals will be scored, and more! It’s your shot at an even BIGGER PAYOUT!
DraftKings is safe, secure, and reliable. Best of all, you can deposit and withdraw your cash whenever you want.
Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app NOW, use promo code THPN, bet FIVE DOLLARS on any NHL team to win, and get ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS IN FREE BETS no matter what! That’s code THPN at DraftKings Sportsbook — An Official Sports Betting Partner of the NHL. Minimum age and eligibility restrictions apply. See show notes for details.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL/IN/MI/NJ/PA/WV/WY), 1-800-NEXT STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO/NH), 888-789-7777/visit http://ccpg.org/chat (CT), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-877-770-STOP (7867) (LA), 877-8-HOPENY/text HOPENY (467369) (NY), visit OPGR.org (OR), call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN), or 1-888-532-3500 (VA).
21+ (18+ WY). Physically present in AZ/CO/CT/IL/IN/IA/LA/MI/ /NJ/NY/ PA/TN/VA/WV/WY only. Min. $5 deposit required. Eligibility restrictions apply. See http://draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.